Search site

Can I get general advice from you about planning issues?

How do I get planning advice? The Planning Department can give you information and advice on many types of planning and related matters. However, as we do not have a Duty Officer, advice must be sought in writing, ideally using the relevant electronic enquiry form, as we can no longer provide assistance to telephone queries or in person.

Other Advice
 Other types of advice are available on whether an application would be likely to be supported or help submitting an application but the provision of such advice involves a charge.

In addition informal advice can be given as to whether permission is required for proposed householder development  as an alternative to seeking a formal determination but again a charge applies. For all other types of development only formal determinations can be given.

General Points
We strongly encourage you to use our pre application advice service  as, in order to meet government time scales, we can normally only determine applications as submitted, meaning it is even more important to seek advice before making any formal submission.

As an alternative you can obtain  information on The National Planning Portal or you can seek independent professional help.

You must always check whether Building Regulations Consent is needed before carrying out any works.

Please note we do not have a Duty Officer available to answer general planning queries.

The Planning Services Privacy Notice can be read here.

New Forest District Council Privacy Notice can be read here.


Updated: 10 Feb 2020
Powered by GOSS iCM