Search site

Legal Advice

If you have any difficulty in dealing with the deceased's property, possessions or guardianship of their children, get advice from a Legal Services Commission or .Citizens Advice Bureau

From the CAB you can get the leaflets Legal Aid Guide and Getting Legal Help from a Citizens Advice Bureau, public library, police station or a court, to find out if you can get legal aid.

These places also hold a list of local solicitors which shows whether they take legal aid cases and if they specialise in probate work. Again you can search for local solicitors using theYellow Pages Website.

The Legal Services Commission also contains leaflets and other useful information.

Many solicitors are prepared to offer up to half an hour of legal advice for a small fee, some even offer a free initial consultation to discuss your situation.

Updated: 2 Dec 2014
Powered by GOSS iCM