Search site

British Consul and High Commission registration of deaths

There are certain countries where death registrations may be made for British subjects oversees. The British Consul or High Commission may register the deaths and issue certificates.

During the year following the registration, a copy of the entry is sent to the General Register Office, when certificates would be obtainable from here also.

If you wish to apply for this form of registration, or would like further information, please contact:

Foreign and Commonwealth Office, Consular and Passport Section, 1 Palace Street, London, SW1E 5HE. Telephone 020 7238 4567 (09.30 - 12.30 only)

Updated: 27 Oct 2014
Powered by GOSS iCM