Search site

Roads and highways - closures and diversions

Sometimes works on the highway, or some large deliveries, require a road to be closed temporarily to general traffic. Such closures require a traffic regulation order issued by the highway authority.

All costs involved for both the closure and diversion signing will have to be met by the person requesting the closure.

As there is a legal and consultative process to be undertaken, and normally six weeks notice of closure is required.

In the first instance email giving details of the closure, dates and full contact details so that the appropriate form can be sent to you. The police should be contacted if the road needs to be closed without notice if there is an emergency.

Updated: 28 Oct 2014
Powered by GOSS iCM