Search site

House to House Collection

If you wish to collect money or property, for example clothes and bric-a-brac, for charity from houses, pubs or shops you need a permit from the council.

The permit must be carried on the person at all times during the collection.

No collection can take place until ID badges have been issued - these are available from The Stationery Office (TSO) on production of the council issued licence and must be worn at all times. Details for obtaining ID badges will be provided when the permit has been issued by Licensing Services.

Some large charitable organisations hold a National Exemption Order which exempts them from the requirement to apply to each authority individually. The Licensing Service keep a list of house to house collection licences issued by New Forest District Council.

Before applying please read the house to house conditions adobe icon H2H Conditions [179kb].

You may apply for a permit online, using the link below, or you can download and complete the application form adobe icon H2H Application Form [179kb] and submit by hand/post.

There is no charge for a house to house collection permit although there is a small charge for the identity badges from TSO. Applications should include a letter from the benefiting charity authorising you to collect on their behalf (if you are not an official of the charity).

You must submit your application at least 1 month prior to the date of the collection, though we suggest applying 3 months in advance to allow time to obtain identity badges from TSO following grant of the permit.

After the collection you must submit a form of account detailing the amount raised and any expenses deducted, this can also be submitted online.

Contact Details:
Licensing Services
New Forest District Council
Appletree Court
SO43 7PA

Tel No: 023 80285505

Updated: 18 Apr 2018
Powered by GOSS iCM