Search site

Pleasure Boats

Any person who wishes to be in charge of or navigate a pleasure boat/vessel for the purpose of letting it out for hire to members of the public or to be used for carrying passengers for hire, must obtain licences from the Council.

Licences will not be issued to persons under 18 years of age. The application must be accompanied by a Certificate of Compliance and issued by an approved New Forest District Council Marine Registered Surveyor. The Pleasure Boat must comply with any Authority or Statutory conditions.

adobe icon Pleasure boat application NEW 200420 [179kb]

adobe icon Pleasure boat application RENEWAL 230420 [180kb]
 023 80285505

Alternatively you may apply online on the Businesslink website.

Any notification of change can be made using our Notification of Change form.

adobe icon Pleasure Boat and Boatman Licences Council Approved Surveyors and Assessors [89kb]

adobe icon Pleasure Boat/Vessel Licence Application Guidance Notes 200420 [126kb]

Updated: 28 Apr 2020
Powered by GOSS iCM