Search site

Registering a Food Business

 Starting Up

When starting up a new food business you must register with your local authority. Food businesses include restaurants, hotels, cafes, shops, supermarkets, staff canteens, guest houses and B&Bs, market stalls, ice cream vans, childminders. If you are not sure, contact us and we can tell you if you need to register.

You can apply online by completing this Food Business Registration Form. Alternatively you can download and print off an adobe icon Food Business Registration Form [101kb].

Approvals: Food Businesses Producing Food of Animal Origin

Certain food businesses which make, prepare or handle food of animal origin may need to be approved by the council rather than registered. You can apply for approval using the docs icon Approval Application Form [165kb] which can be completed and sent to . For further information go to our food premises approval page. Businesses which are subject to approval need not also complete a food business registration form.

Updated: 16 Jun 2017
Powered by GOSS iCM