At New Forest District Council we believe in working together: tenants, Officers and Councillors, to ensure that our housing services both meet the requirements of all tenants and are of a consistently high standard.
To help us do this we have a Resident Involvement Handbook and various standards in place, which clearly state what options for involvement we provide and what standards we aim to achieve. This Handbook is available on request and below in Related Documents
Keeping you informed
Resident Involvement work together with tenants to produce a magazine 'Hometalk'. In this you will find information about:
· Changes or developments in housing services
· What other local resident groups or focus groups have been doing
· Events and meetings that are taking place that you can go to
Different options for involvement
We understand that everyone is different, so we aim to provide as many different ways as possible, just some of these are:
· Local resident groups in your area
· Focus groups where you can discuss and work together with officers in areas that interest you, for example grounds maintenance, estate inspections, maintenance and repairs
· Specific Issue Groups, to work together with Officers to resolve a particular issue, for example anti-social behaviour
· Resident Forums, where you can attend presentations from different departments in housing and ask your questions directly to those responsible for delivering that service.
If it is difficult for you to attend meetings, then you can still be involved, either by participating from home, or just taking part in email surveys etc.
Meetings and Groups
We try to publicise all events as far as possible in advance to allow you to plan for them. We have 'standards' for meetings, some of which are:
· A Code of Conduct
· A time limit to the length of meetings
· Assistance with transport and mileage expenses
Get In Touch For More Information
Tel: 02380 285459 or 02380 285372
For further information on Focus Groups you may wish to look at the following;