Search site
Environmental Health

Environmental Health

We are responsible for regulating Food Safety and Occupation Health and Safety within Commercial Premises, as well as Infectious Disease, Caravan Site Licensing and Animal Welfare. Please use the links to the left of this page to access our services

If you would like to contact us in relation to any of the areas of our work - food hygiene and safety, workplace health and safety, food poisoning, animal welfare, smokefree legislation or caravan site licensing, please fill in the Request for service form, or contact us by email or by telephoning 02380 285230.



BBQ Summer is the perfect chance to enjoy picnics and barbecues with family and friends. We have put together some advice to help ensure you don't become unwell when enjoying eating outdoors.
For more information adobe icon click here [811kb].


Eat Out Eat Well

Eat Out Eat Well Logo

 The Eat Out Eat Well Award has been developed to reward caterers who make it easier for their customers to make healthy choices when eating out. It has been operating across a number of Southern English Counties and has now been launched across Hampshire. According to the Food Standards Agency, in the UK one in six meals is now consumed outside the home, and the scheme will help consumers make healthier choices when buying takeaways or eating out at caf├ęs, sandwich shops and restaurants. Eating more healthily is one of the simplest changes most of us can make to improve our health. Eat Out, Eat Well will encourage food businesses to make small changes such as reducing the fat, sugar and salt levels of dishes and offering other healthy options. Find out more information about the scheme here.

 If you would like to know more or if you are a business interested in joining the scheme you can contact us on: 02380 285230 or email at:


Quick Links:

If you want to register a new food business you can either apply online by completing Food Premises Registration Form, or alternatively, you can contact us using the link on this page and we can send you an application form and pre-paid envelope to complete and return. More information about registration can be found within the Food Business Registration page.

Updated: 13 Jun 2017
Powered by GOSS iCM