Toggle menu

Household Support Fund

On this page:

Support with housing costs

We have received limited funding that can be used to provide short-term support to vulnerable households in the most need, experiencing exceptional financial hardship with essential household costs, such as rent arrears or one-off items, and where existing support, such as discretionary housing payments, do not meet the exceptional need. 


To be eligible you must be:

  • over the age of 18 and be responsible for paying household bills
  • a resident of the New Forest district
  • in exceptional financial hardship and have insufficient resources to meet your immediate short term needs

What cannot be funded:

  • any application made that is felt to be not an immediate need
  • applications from those with sufficient income or savings
  • support with mortgages or personal debts
  • help with paying ongoing rent
  • help with paying council tax
  • repairs or improvements to the home

Further support is available from Connect4Communities.

How much can you apply for

The amount of any award will be dependent on your circumstances, and will be decided on a case-by-case basis. However, the fund can only provide short term assistance and priority will be given to those that have not previously received any support through this fund or from other government support schemes.

Applying for Household Support Fund

To apply for the support use our online application form below.  You will be asked to provide information with your application, including recent bank statements.

If you have any queries regarding the Household Support Fund please contact a member of the Benefits Team on 01590 646121 between 9.00am and 1.00pm Monday to Friday or email 

Help with ongoing rent payments

If you are getting Housing Benefit or Universal Credit and have a shortfall in your rent which is causing you hardship you can apply for Discretionary Housing Payments.

Help with energy bills

People who are experiencing hardship paying their energy bills can contact Citizens Advice New Forest on 0808 278 7860 (10am - 4pm Monday to Friday) or contact them using the Citizens Advice New Forest website for advice and information.

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email