Toggle menu

Security and regulation - New Forest coast

The coastline can be the setting for criminal activity and there is a need to be aware of this.

If you have any concerns please contact either our Coastal Team via email to or contact Hampshire PoliceMaritime and Coastguard Agency or the Environment Agency.

Coastal byelaws

Coastal byelaws control the speed and control of craft at many inshore locations along the coast, managed by a range of agencies. From west to east:

Importing animals

The importing of animals is controlled, however, you can make arrangements for the safe travel of animals without the need to place animals in quarantine.  DEFRA provides details of the PETS (Pets Travel Scheme).

Applications for works at sea

Applications for works at sea involve many permissions and processes. A good guide can be found via the Marine Consents and Environment Unit.

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email