We offer a commercial business waste and recycling collection service. This can help your business to save money and reduce its environmental impact.
The cost depends on the type of business and how much waste the business produces.
On this page:
What is business waste
Business waste is everything your business owns, uses or produces that you wish to dispose of. This includes:
- waste produced while working at private households
- waste produced by contractors working at your business premises
- any waste produced from home-based business activities.
Business Rates do not cover the removal of business waste. Find out more about Business Rates.
Every business, no matter how large or small, has a duty of care under Section 34 of the Environment Protection Act 1990 to ensure their waste is collected, treated and disposed of by an authorised waste service provider.
What our service offers
We collect general business waste and recyclable business waste from a range of businesses in the New Forest. Our service is:
- competitively priced with no admin fees
- local and reliable
- flexible with a 'pay as you throw' option and seasonal variations
- environmentally friendly, with no landfill of general waste.
The service includes collections on bank holidays, excluding Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year's Day.
What we collect
We collect glass bottles and jars of all sizes and colours from businesses for recycling. We also collect mixed recycling material, which includes:
- paper and cardboard
- tins, cans and aerosols
- plastic bottles.
We collect any non-recyclable business waste not in the list above, including food waste.
We do not collect healthcare waste from nursing or residential homes, surgeries, hospitals or vets. We do have a service collecting household healthcare waste.
How we collect business waste
We offer a weekly, fortnightly or monthly collection of general business waste and recyclable business waste. We collect in plastic sacks or larger containers, depending on the size of your business.
- mixed glass bottles and jars are collected in 1,100, 360 or 240 litre containers.
- mixed recycling is collected in clear plastic sacks with red printing, or in larger 1,100 litre containers.
- white recycling stickers are used for large amounts of cardboard or cardboard boxes. These should be flattened and tied securely in a bundle, not exceeding 7kg.
- general business waste is collected in green plastic sacks
We do not offer larger containers for general business waste. You can put your green business waste sacks into a traditional 80 litre dustbin with a lid, and we will remove them.
We cannot collect green business waste sacks from a wheeled bin.
How to put your business waste our for collection
Please follow the below guidelines when putting your business waste our for collection at the kerbside:
We provide clear sacks with red print for your recycling collections.
Please put recycling in NFDC clear business waste recycling sacks and tie securely.
Any cardboard boxes should be bundled together securely. Please stick a white and red NFDC business waste recycling sticker to each bundle.
Bundles must not exceed 7kg in weight and bundles larger than 2ft square will not be accepted.
Please put your non-recyclable business waste in NFDC green business waste sacks and tie securely, to prevent spillage. Sacks must not exceed 7kg in weight.
General business waste must be presented in an NFDC green business waste sack. We will not collect black or other coloured sacks containing.
You may double bag your general business waste, but the external sack must be an NFDC green business waste sack.
What to do on collection day
Put your sacks and stickered bundles outside your business premises by 6am on your collection day.
If you are a high street business, take care not to obstruct the pavement.
We will not remove any waste that is not presented in the appropriate green or clear sacks, for example waste in black sacks, carrier bags or boxes. We will not remove any glass that is not contained in the glass collection bin.
If your business waste isn't collected, you can contact us to report a missed collection or call customer services 023 8028 5000.
How much it costs
Prices from 1 April 2023 up to and including 31 March 2024.
General Business waste
Green sacks for weekly collection:
- £19.50 per roll (10 sacks)
- £410 per box (30 rolls)
Recycling business waste
Clear sacks for weekly mixed recycling collections:
- £25.50 per roll (36 sacks)
White and red business waste stickers for cardboard bundles
- £25.50 per roll (36 stickers)
Delivery of sacks and stickers:
- Orders under £40 cost £5.75 per delivery
- Orders over £40 qualify for free delivery
1100 litre bin for mixed recycling:
- £620 per annum for weekly collections
- £325 per annum for fortnightly collections
- £265 per annum for monthly collections
1100 litre bin for mixed glass:
- £265 per annum for fortnightly collections
- £132 per annum for monthly collections
360 litre bin for mixed glass:
- £109 per annum for fortnightly collections
- £65 per annum for monthly collections
240 litre bins for mixed glass:
- £79 per annum for fortnightly collections
- £49 per annum for monthly collections
How to sign up
For a no-obligation quote or more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call customer services on 023 8028 5000.
Purchase business waste sacks and stickers
Sacks for general business waste, and sacks and stickers for recyclable business waste, can all be purchased from our local information offices.
To purchase business waste sacks and stickers, you must be a council business waste customer and have completed a duty of care waste transfer note.
When buying sacks and stickers, quote your unique reference number. This can be found on the duty of care waste transfer note.