Keyhaven River lies within an area of coast that is unspoilt and of great value to many interests. Keyhaven has a large extent of sheltered water, which makes it suitable for teaching youngsters sailing and canoeing, and a great wealth of nature conservation and landscape interest. Keyhaven is within the boundaries of the National Park.
In our work here we also need to be aware of what impact any proposals may have on local roads and the village environment.
Keyhaven River - advice to the public during the current Government Covid -19 lockdown (5th November to 2nd December 2020)
The following will apply in relation to the Keyhaven River, the Quay and shoreside facilities:
- The slipway will remain open subject to users complying with all Covid -19 regulations and published government guidance, including the regulations that set out the circumstances under which it is permissible to take exercise or take open air recreation. When on the slipway, users must always comply with social distancing guidance.
- Mooring or berth holders may access their boats (and use them) subject to users complying with all regulations, and published government guidance including the regulations that set out the circumstances under which it is permissible to take exercise or take open air recreation.
- No overnight stays are permitted on vessels moored or anchored in the Keyhaven River
- Commercial vessels may operate on the river if they comply with current government guidelines
- The River Warden office is closed for personal visits. Please contact by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
NFDC Keyhaven River Manager