Estates and valuation
The estates and valuation team provides advice within the council on matters relating to our property interests.
In order to maximise the benefit of our property portfolio, the estates and valuations team performs the following functions.
- Answering general queries concerning our land ownership (Note: the extent of our land ownership can be identified by looking at Forest Map)
- Management of the our commercial property investment interests on a day to day basis.
- Provision of regular commercial and residential asset re-valuations to meet statutory requirements.
- Right to Buy valuations (relating to the sale of council homes).
- Provision of property valuation advice to the council for all other purposes.
- Provision of residential and commercial development appraisals.
- S106 financial viability appraisal advice relating to affordable homes.
- Lease/licence renewals and rent reviews relating to properties leased from or to us.
- Freehold and leasehold property acquisitions and disposals, both residential and commercial.
- Protecting our property holdings from un-authorised entry or possession.
- Dealing with boundary issues.
Phone: 023 8028 5000