Toggle menu

Self-catering holiday properties

From April 2023, new eligibility rules for business rates apply to self-catering properties.  For full details, please visit GOV.UK's website. 

If you don't meet these new rules, your property will become eligible for paying Council Tax.

If you start to use your property for holiday lets, when you meet the new rules, you can make a challenge to the Valuation Office Agency to become eligible to pay business rates rather than council tax.  The challenge can be completed online at Challenge your Council Tax band: Overview - GOV.UK

Until such time as the Valuation Office Agency make any changes, you must continue to pay the Council Tax.

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email