Beach huts

We manage four beach hut sites across the district, at Barton-on-Sea, Hordle Cliff, Milford-on-Sea and Calshot.

There are over 800 beach huts along the New Forest coast. The huts are privately owned but are on council land, for which the beach hut owners pay an annual licence fee.

If you notice any damage to a beach hut, you can report it to us by calling 023 8028 5000. We will contact the owner and advise them of the damage so they can arrange for repairs to be carried out.

Fees and charges for beach huts (annual rent and transfer fees).
Information for beach hut owners about maintenance, buying/selling/letting huts and support organisations.

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email


Print this page