Trees and hedges

We can help with any queries related to trees within the New Forest district. We can't help with queries related to trees within the National Park boundary, or those on highways land.

We can help with trees that are:

  • protected by a Tree Preservation Order (TPO)
  • growing within conservation areas
  • affected by planning considerations.

We have two teams which deal with trees.

Our Corporate Trees team can help with trees on Council Land. You can contact them by emailing or calling 023 8028 5000.

Our Planning Trees team can help with trees on private land. You can contact them by emailing or calling 023 8028 5345 and selecting option 1.

We are responsible for managing trees on our land and some public spaces.
Tell us if you think a neighbour's hedge is too high.
What a Tree Preservation Order is, how you can view them, and how to carry out works in accordance with them.
Apply to remove a hedgerow.

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email


Print this page