Council Tax discounts and exemptions

You can apply for a discount, exemption or reduction on the amount of Council Tax that you pay, depending on your circumstances.

You should let us know if you have difficulty paying your Council Tax or if your circumstances have changed.

You can apply for a 25% discount on Council Tax if you live alone or with disregarded persons.
Properties may be exempt from paying Council Tax in certain circumstances.
Apply to have your Council Tax reduced due to permanent disability.
Apply for a Council Tax discount if living with a severely mentally impaired person.
The Council Tax payable on an unoccupied property depends on the circumstances.

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email


Print this page